Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care system that incorporates the art and science of traditional and conventional medicine. The practice of naturopathic medicine involves diagnosis, treatment as well as prevention through natural therapies including
- Clinical nutrition
- Botanical medicine
- Traditional Chinese medicine/acupuncture,
- Physical medicine & body work, and
- Lifestyle counseling.
The primary goal of naturopathic medicine is to support your inherent healing mechanism to restore health. Naturopathic practice follows the following principles;
- First do no harm
- Nature possesses healing powers
- Identify and treat the cause.
- Treat the whole person.
- The physician is a teacher.
- Prevention is the best cure.